Old 05-03-2008, 05:07 PM
gwildor gwildor is offline
Registered User

Default Inspiration needed

Hi All

I decided at one point what a great idea it was to make my old 2000 gallon sunken pond bigger and removed everything and started digging. A year later and i have a baby and no motivation to complete and im looking for some ideas. The area is reached by walking down a few steps then has a bog garden dirctly behind. This hole is a 1/3rd the way down my garden and is followed by a 30 foot lawn then a vegi patch and then another 30foot lawn.

Does anyone have any great ideas ion what i could do with this hole? at the moment i have a few
1- finnish pond - But this will cost me upwards of £4000 to do properly
2- a Sunken Patio - But not ideal with small children
3- Fill it in and have more turf - I hate mowing the lawn as i keep braking lawn mowers
4- fill it in and have a massive flower/shrubery typ bed in the middle of teh garden.

What does everyone think? My wife is not pleased with the mess at present