Old 06-03-2008, 12:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Advice on Planting Dahlia's and Begonia's

ctlady wrote in

ups.com:

leave them out all the time until they die off in the fall
and I store the tubers for the winter. I hope this helps.

can you also give tips for storing dahlias & begonias? that's
*my* downfall, i'm afraid. i really love both, but i don't
want to murder any more of the poor things.
i have an unheated basement & the heated basement which
varies between 54F and mid-60sF during the winter (depending
on outside temps). i keep a dehumidifier on because it's
stone/dirt & the only humid part of the house.
lee