Old 06-03-2008, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Advice on Planting Dahlia's and Begonia's

On Mar 6, 1:41 am, Bashy wrote:
Thanks Bob

--
Bashy

I would certainly agree with Bob's advice, as I usually follow it
too! However, I have found that with Dahlias if you plant them twice
the recommended depth, on sand, that they do not need lifting. You
say you are in Essex, I was in Norfolk and my garden was in an exposed
situation, top of a hill with no surrounding houses to provide a
windbreak from the vicious East wind. Good luck and let us know how
it goes?

Judith