Old 06-03-2008, 04:25 PM
larunlady larunlady is offline
Registered User

Thumbs down Mosquitoes in water butts!

Has anybody any ideas for killing mosquitoes (or may be they are just midges!)
in my water butts? I use a natural soap based liquid to clean the water, ie for algae and such like but I suspect I have insects of some sort in there. I have recently been bringing watering cans in to come to room temperature before I use it on my indoor plants and I have been bitten to death by something. I use the water for topping up bird baths so it can't be anything too toxic, but in desperation I could just use something in the water for indoors that will kill them but not harm the plants.