Old 06-03-2008, 06:41 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Backyard Fence

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 21:46:18 -0800, Billy wrote:

Just like gardening, you gotta prepare the bed. So it probably ain't
gonna happen real soon but I'm gonna lean up against this fence and see
who comes by. Never can tell.

Hey neighbor!

This should give you pause to think about what we have been learnt and
illustrate some other points about what we have possibly "learnt" in
our lifetimes. This article may make your ribs much more enjoyable
and make you wonder about all kinds of things.

http://alternet.org/healthwellness/78554/

Leanin' on the fence and enjoying the sunshine
Chuckling Charlie

Good but disturbing read. This information has been leaking out for
awhile. Trouble is that I only have one guinea pig to play with, and I'd
miss me if I was gone.

You gonna chuck in your statins? Having steak and eggs, and fried
potatoes for breakfast, huh, are ya, kid?

Getting more mature and becoming more conservative (not necessarily
politically) seems to go hand in hand.

Lordy, lordy, what's a feller to do? At least it makes me fell a little
better about some of my nutritional indiscretions. Which, except for a
little gas, are the only indiscretions in which I partake these days.
But I remember back in the days of yesteryear when I'd . . . . Humm. I'd
probably better give ol' alligator mouth a rest.

Sweet article tho. Basically, it says we got a problem, and we know how
to make money off of the problem, but we don't know what the problem is
or how to fix it (cholesterol --- cardiovascular disease?, probably not)

Sounds like it is leading us back to Michael Pollan and his discussion
on macro nutrients (carbs, fats, and proteins) and macro vitamins (A, B,
C, D, etc.) and his musings over the elevated levels of flavonoids (and
anthocyanins?) in organically grown food, and our present
omega-6/omega-3 ratio of ten (10), where historically it was one (1).
The omega-6/omega-3 ratio apparently can be fixed by eating more leaves
and much less grain or eating more things that eat more leaves and much
less grain. I'm still dragging my heels on grass feed beef because I'd
have to buy a quarter and find cold storage for it. Mean time, I'm
probably eating high omega-6 smoked turkey to excess.

Then they have to throw alcohol raising triglycerides, at me. I mean,
I've given up rich foods, like my gorgonzola schnitzel, and fast women
(my legs aren't what they used to be), now I have to give up the one
companion that I thought could follow me into that dark night?

There otta be a law.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi