Old 06-03-2008, 07:01 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Backyard Fence

In article ,
rachael simpson wrote:

Billy wrote:

You gonna be able to put in a garden this year or are you to busy
raising your family to fight "Mother Nature"?

Ha! I will put something in, just not sure of how much yet. Gotta have
the staples...beans, peas, peppers, cukes, maters, okra, and zukes!
Breanna is big enough that she can be out and about some when that time
comes around. We will be moving, so I'm not sure yet how that will
affect planting. We are in the process of buying a house & small farm
(105 acres), but at least it's bigger than our current place!

Hay business can't be all that bad or is your husband workin' 24/7?
A question always comes to mind for us west coast people, and that is,
other than gumbo, how do you cook okra?

Thinking I may have to do some raised bed techniques, and some 5-gallon
buckets for the earlier crops. Any ideas or thoughts on that? I'm not
sure if I want to follow my grandfather's ritual of planting on Good
Friday this year or not. That's right around the corner and weather
still isn't quite right. I've been bit by the planting bug though! Can't
wait to get started!

Sounds like you should be planting portables (pots and buckets and
such). If the new house isn't to far away, maybe you could start
preparing the ground there. You could give the present owner some token
sum of money for rent so that it wouldn't be misconstrued as taking
possession.

Well, I smell a little stinker...Shew!

Wasn't me!

Catch ya later, watch that fence post there now. Gotta get round to
replacing it! lol

~Rae

--

Billy