Old 06-03-2008, 07:16 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Backyard Fence

In article
,
Bill wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

A little parsley is always nice, too. I don't know anyone that
uses a whole parsley "bunch" at a time. If'n you're gonna plant parsley,
you may as well plant some tarragon, oregano, and thyme while your at
it. Aw hell, your half way to a "potager" as the "Frogs" call it. May as
well lay in some shallots, rosemary, and sage too. Try to keep them
close to the kitchen.

Hope you got a lot of pots. This may be gettin' a little out of control.

I'm havin' a hard time coming up with "runner" peanuts. Any ideas? If it
comes to you, I'll be back here, leanin' on the fence and trying to
wear-in a sweet spot.

Are you going to Scarborough fair.. Parsley Sage rosemary and time
popped in head.

Ah, fair Scarborough.

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/catalog/s...rch&search=gre
ens

or

http://preview.tinyurl.com/3cdm8t

No peanuts, goobers, or ground nuts there.
Gurney has Virginia peanuts. Disease resistant and big.

Henery Field's got Improved Virginia (like the above) and
Early Spanish Peanuts, which are prone to disease and small.

Runner peanuts are supposed to be the state of the art for peanut flavor
but I can't find them anywhere. Even looked a big commercial site
(farming) and couldn't find them.

Cultivars of Runners include 'Southeastern Runner 56-15', 'Dixie
Runner', 'Early Runner', 'Virginia Bunch 67', 'Bradford Runner',
'Egyptian Giant' (also known as 'Virginia Bunch' and 'Giant'),
'Rhodesian Spanish Bunch' (Valencia and Virginia Bunch), 'North Carolina
Runner 56-15', 'Georgia Green', 'Flavor Runner 458', 'Tamrun OL01',
'Tamrun OL02' and 'AT-108'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut

Cheese yielded

Gorgonzola Cheesecake

You are dispicable. Probably would be excellent with port.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi
Bush & Cheney to the Hague