Old 06-03-2008, 07:37 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default Backyard Fence

Billy wrote:

Hay business can't be all that bad or is your husband workin' 24/7?

Ha! It really was, only about $11,000 last year, that's total, before
any taxes. And he's nearly working 24/7, put in 163 hours in the last
two weeks, and it will be picking up more soon. He works outside of our
business for a local big-time farmer, and that pays pretty good for
around here. That farmer deals in everything, from row crops to hogs and
turkeys. Got a good deal on the house and land as well.

A question always comes to mind for us west coast people, and that is,
other than gumbo, how do you cook okra?

Slice, batter, and fry,
stir fry, boil, grill, steamed (baby okras)...

Sounds like you should be planting portables (pots and buckets and
such). If the new house isn't to far away, maybe you could start
preparing the ground there. You could give the present owner some token
sum of money for rent so that it wouldn't be misconstrued as taking
possession.

the pots and buckets was what I was thinking on. Be easier to tend to
everyday and easy to move.

Well, I smell a little stinker...Shew!

Wasn't me!

Are you sure about that?? lol! No, I'm surprised you didn't smell that
one all the way over to where you are at...let's just say...it was very
strong!

Catch ya later, watch that fence post there now. Gotta get round to
replacing it! lol

~Rae