Old 06-03-2008, 08:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Fence Basics

"SteveB" meagain@rockvilleUSA wrote in
news
*snip*

Is that what I need? What's the name. Garden wire? I'm sure they
would steer me right at the feed store or Ace, or HD, but I thought
I'd ask some seasoned gardeners here.

Thanks.

Steve

I've heard of people using motion activated sprinklers to keep critters
away. I haven't tried it yet, but am planning on doing so this season.
(We recently moved to a place where wild animals are much more common, so
I haven't had a need before.)

You will find some animals don't mind the water, though. (Our cat was
sprayed with water in an attempt to get him off the counter. He turned
around and looked at the person spraying the water with a look that said,
"Oh, did you want something?")

Puckdropper
marching band.