Old 06-03-2008, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
johngood_____[_3_] johngood_____[_3_] is offline

Default growbag as good as compost for bamboo?

After digging up some bamboo plants from the garden I want to now put it
into pots. I thought it best to use garden soil mixed with some compost to
make the pots lighter to move about.

When I went to B&Q they have compost at 5 pence a litre and growbags at 3.7
pence a litre. What is the difference between the two, and would the
growbag contents be just as good for this purpose? Thanks for advice.