Old 06-03-2008, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Orsemarinus officinalis Irene - UK available?

In message , Eddy
writes
Sacha wrote:

On 6/3/08 18:10, in article , "Eddy"
wrote:

Does anybody know if this lovely tumbling Rosemary is available anywhere
in the UK? It's called "Rosemarinus officinalis Irene" or Rosemary
Irene, and it thrives in full sun, it's apparently "supertough" -
withstanding summer dryness, and it's fast growing. A ground-cover
variant that tumbles when it reaches the top of a wall.

http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/g...&current=Rosem
arinusofficinalisIrene-Rosemar.jpg

Where was the photo taken?
The only mention of R. Irene I've found is he
http://www.worldspices.co.uk/Rosemary.html

Hi Sacha,

Hope you're well. Thanks for the link. Above the list in which Irene
is included it says, "The following are frequently sold", and it's a UK
site . . . so I hope it's true!

That turns out to be repurposed text from Wikipedia. It's not in Plant
Finder, and cursory web searches aren't turning up any UK sources.

However, it's Rosmarinus, not Rosemarinus - using the former should make
your web searches more productive.

We use Rosemary from the garden in great amounts, particularly on
chicken, so to get hold of this Irene would be to kill two birds with
one stone!

Eddy.

P.S. I think the photo is from the US and may have originated from
those who created this variant . . . which is, apparently, patented.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley