Old 06-03-2008, 09:51 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default Backyard Fence

Charlie wrote:

Hey Girl! Good to hear from you. I caught the catch-ups from your
replies to Mr. Billy. Sounds like things are going pretty well.

Shoot, you're BBQin' so I know its good there.

Glad the kids are well, though being cooped up inside all winter with
'em can be taxing, eh? We have all three grands here quite often and
we old farts are kept *really* busy with them. Life is good!

Later, I'm sure. I have an okrie recipe to fling at Billy, so you can
catch it there.

Care
Charlie

Hey to you too! Been thinking of you, glad to see you round these parts
again. Let's a person know you're doing ok.
Yep, this winter has been a long one for me, even though I haven't been
snowed all in like some of my friends up north and west. I'll be glad
for the warmer weather to stay around, if only for the fact that it
means I can take the kids outside and my house can stay a bit cleaner!
lol! It's a nice 70 degrees out right now, and I am waiting for the kids
to wake from their nap so we can spend a little time outside. Nice day
to saddle up and ride for awhile. We've got Wyatt handling his own mount
now, so the littlest one can ride with me, and I take the lead rope to
Wyatt's pony and they follow or at least stay beside me. Wyatt's got it
in his head right now that he wants to ride bulls...I kinda hope he
"grows out" of that one...I love to watch it, but I don't know how I
would handle it having to watch my baby up there on one!

Saw your recipe, you are right, it is really good stuff! I do something
similar, but of course I don't use any wine in it. Also have to leave
out the peppers now. Hubby's been having trouble with peppers (bell or
hot) causing heartburn so he tries to avoid them now. But for some
reason, he won't leave the hot sauce alone! I didn't offer any recipes
because like you, I don't measure anything, I just *do*. Plus I didn't
think about this one when responding to Mr. Billy....thinking I might
need to start taking something for memory, this cabin fever's trying to
take over! lol!

Well, I hear a waking baby. Gonna head out now.

~Rae