Old 06-03-2008, 11:09 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Backyard Fence

In article ,
rachael simpson wrote:

Tom J wrote:
rachael simpson wrote:

A question always comes to mind for us west coast people, and that
is, other than gumbo, how do you cook okra?
Slice, batter, and fry,
stir fry, boil, grill, steamed (baby okras)...

Instead of boiling in a pot on the stove, my wife now puts it in a
dish of water in the microware and just brings to a rolling boil. It
is not near as "slippery" cooked this way and more people like that!!
To me, I was raise on it boiled on a wood stove until it was almost
falling apart, so either way is good to me. I also like it sliced
across in 3/4" or so pieces, battered in corn meal and fried crispy!

Tom J

Yeah, I'm surprised Billy hasn't killed me yet about the *fry*
comment...lol! cholesterol anyone? At least I don't fry them in lard
like my grandmother used to do!

No problemo. I got a special dispensation from Charlie this morning.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi
Bush & Cheney to the Hague