Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
superstar_etta

Default Hedges/drainage

So I am a new home owner...no lanscaping experience. I have an area
of my yard along the fence that is very wet and not draining well. I
was going to dig a channel put in a large PVC pipe with holes in it,
cover the pipe with gravel then dirt (the yard has a slope to a huge
field). Has anyone heard of doing this? I want to then plant
shrubs/hedges on top of all this. So I was wondering what shrubs are
strong enough for texas summers, but still benifit from alot of water?
Or can anyone think of another solution? We just bought the house
and I can't afford a landscaper and my dogs are getting wet and muddy
all the time. HELP PLEASE