Old 06-03-2008, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Mosquitoes in water butts!

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 16:25:20 +0000, larunlady
wrote:

Has anybody any ideas for killing mosquitoes (or may be they are just
midges!)
in my water butts? I use a natural soap based liquid to clean the
water, ie for algae and such like but I suspect I have insects of some
sort in there. I have recently been bringing watering cans in to come
to room temperature before I use it on my indoor plants and I have been
bitten to death by something. I use the water for topping up bird baths
so it can't be anything too toxic, but in desperation I could just use
something in the water for indoors that will kill them but not harm the
plants.

Bob Flowerdew,off GQT, said he keeps a goldfish in each of his water
butts which eat all the larvae, hence end of problem.

Pam in Bristol