Old 06-03-2008, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Orsemarinus officinalis Irene - UK available?

On 6/3/08 18:50, in article , "Eddy"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:

On 6/3/08 18:10, in article , "Eddy"
wrote:

Does anybody know if this lovely tumbling Rosemary is available anywhere
in the UK? It's called "Rosemarinus officinalis Irene" or Rosemary
Irene, and it thrives in full sun, it's apparently "supertough" -
withstanding summer dryness, and it's fast growing. A ground-cover
variant that tumbles when it reaches the top of a wall.

http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/g...ew&current=Ros
em
arinusofficinalisIrene-Rosemar.jpg

Where was the photo taken?
The only mention of R. Irene I've found is he
http://www.worldspices.co.uk/Rosemary.html

Hi Sacha,

Hope you're well. Thanks for the link. Above the list in which Irene
is included it says, "The following are frequently sold", and it's a UK
site . . . so I hope it's true!

We use Rosemary from the garden in great amounts, particularly on
chicken, so to get hold of this Irene would be to kill two birds with
one stone!

Eddy.

P.S. I think the photo is from the US and may have originated from
those who created this variant . . . which is, apparently, patented.

I thought it was one you grew or had seen growing in UK. As with all
plants, it's possible someone has just called it 'Irene' because they lack
the real name and got it from someone called Irene. There are lots of
prostrate rosemaries you could grow so I wonder why this one is of
particular interest to you?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk