Old 07-03-2008, 02:20 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Goldlexus[_2_] Goldlexus[_2_] is offline

Default Submersible Pump 'basket'?

This pump is made/designed for continuous use, it is not a problem. We've
been running this pump for three years all Summer long. It is off from
Oct.-May, on end of May-Sept.
Looks like we will spend this weekend rigging up something. All the
suggestions here has my brain whirling thru' some ideas we could try.
THANKS!

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
We use a 5 gallon bucket that Jim has drilled a million 1/2 inch holes
through. It keeps the pull weak and keeps stuff bigger than 1/2 inch
out of the pump. Jim has the bucket on bricks so the bottom of it is
about 3 inches oiff the bottom.

I think sewage pumps are not made for continuous duty. How is yours
handling the steady use? Perhaps others will correct my impression.

Phyllis