Old 07-03-2008, 02:20 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default Submersible Pump 'basket'?

In article ,
"Pete C" wrote:

Goldlexus wrote:
We have a Gould sewage pump that we use to pump water to our
waterfall. It is a nice powerful pump so powerful that it sucks up
our fish! For some reason the fish really like to hang out around the
pump, it must be the current it generates or something. Anyway, is
there something we could put the pump in that will allow waterflow
thru' and will keep fish safe? The pump stands 19" tall and is about
13" wide. Thanks!

Parrot cage, covered in fine neting?..............oh, ok............laugh

Don't laugh, Good idea for those larger pumps.
I have a 2 piece inline basket that fits on the intake of my submerged
pump, and it's filled with foam pieces, whose nooks and crannies house
all that hard-working bacteria that keeps my pond clean.