Old 07-03-2008, 07:32 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens

Default Watering with soft water

yeah... the Milwaukee area has some hellatious calcium/magnesium in the water... of
course that is why NE there are all those limestone quarries!!!!

the amount of softening that must be done to our water results in not very tasty
water, I agree. I used to like the taste of hard water until the iron bacteria got
into the well.

If you had long hair you would fall in love with it. We had a softener all my life
but when I left home and lived elsewhere with hard water I couldnt believe how
"gummy" my hair felt all the time. When I came back home my hair went back to
feeling clean and soft. Now lake water comes out of the tap and it is pretty soft.

What bothers me most about the Milwaukee area well water is the radon levels. and
nobody is talking about the fact that heating the water does not blow off the radon
and long hot showers breathing that in cant be very good for anyone.

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 23:50:34 -0600, "Ryan P."
wrote:
My girlfriend's condo complex is all softened water, and I hate
showering there. Of course, Germantown has some terrible ground water
with a high iron/sulfer content, so the softener might not be completely
to blame...