Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Terry Horton

Default Found: cheap-to-almost free gardening supplies

On Tue, 05 Nov 2002 05:31:51 GMT, (Terry
Horton) wrote:

A heads up: Home Depot-Brodie is selling everything in their old
building for 40% or more off. Some of the gardening items were virtual
giveaways... sackful of unmarked Corona, Wolf Garten and Fiskars
pruners for $2. A box of Hasta-Gro and Liquid Fence: $2. Corona
folding saw: $1 Orbit and Melnor electronic irrigation timers: $1

Honda, John Deere, and Lawn Boy mowers. Ryobi string trimmers. Edgers.
Chain saws. Wheel barrows. Lumber.

We spent 7 hours, made 3 trips through the registers. Probably hit
them one more time tomorrow. Ends Wednesday.

Still plenty of Wolf Garten pruners, but everything else directly
gardening-related was about gone by Tuesday PM (though a few things
like wheelbarrows & cinder blocks were still available). Hope some of
you got in on the loot. Prices drop to 80% off today.

Curious about these Wolf Garten tools. They look _very_ well made, far
better than Fiskars, etc. (but certainly not up to Felco :-). Anyway,
we picked up some extras for stocking stuffers.