Old 07-03-2008, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Orsemarinus officinalis Irene - UK available?

In message , Charlie
Pridham writes
In article ,
says...
On 6/3/08 18:55, in article , "Eddy"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
The only mention of R. Irene I've found is he
http://www.worldspices.co.uk/Rosemary.html

Sacha, have just discovered that that entire site, above, consists of
material taken from Wikipedia . . . which is largely USA-generated. So
perhaps not "frequently sold" in UK at all?

Eddy.

No idea, unless you're just going on R. officinalis. I didn't go further
than looking it up on your given information,the name 'Irene'. I don't know
where it's grown in UK. All I got was the site I posted for you. I have an
old Plant Finder on my desk (04-05) and there is no mention of such a
rosemary. Perhaps you could ask Olivier Filippi if he knows of it.

Rosmarinus officinalis 'Irene'? (Irene Rosemary): High Country Gardens
Seems it was found growing wild in northern california and has been
registered for plant breeders rights and the name trade marked, I have
not seen any outlets over here but no doubt it wont be long. I am a
little puzzled as I thought Rosemary was a med. plant? do they have their
own species in California or is it just a garden escape.

http://ucjeps.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/g...41721&expand=1
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley