Old 07-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Bashy Bashy is offline
Registered User

Smile

Hi all,

I've just bought a little 6'x2' greenhouse which I'm gonna out against my back fence.
Will this make a difference as to when I can start my Dahlia's and Begonia's?

I've also got 5 seed trays which are currently being stated indoors on windowsills (Delphinum, 2x Viola's, Pansy's & Ladybird Poppy's). These seeds have germinated and are starting to sprout. Once the greenhouse arrives and has been erected, I will transfer these seed trays in there.
Does this still mean the resulting seedlings will need hardening once the last frost has gone, or can I plant them straight into the ground.
Also, I have 30 individual pots of 5 differnet sunflower varieties. They are also growing in my dining room (my wife hates it, there are plants everywhere), these will also be transfered to the greenhouse (I hope there's room). Can I get away without hardeing these off too.
Sorry I have so many questions, but I really don't wanna make any mistakes otherwise it will ruin my garden for the whole summer.
P.S. I have bought a little parafin heater for the greenhouse :
http://www.norfolk-greenhouses.co.uk...?longref=132~0

Will this be sufficient, or should I buy two?

Thanks for your patience and help

Regards

Bashy