Old 07-03-2008, 08:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] mikeerdas@yahoo.com is offline

Default Fixing erosion / a lawn that never took, during a drought?

On Mar 7, 1:00 pm, "Dioclese" NONE wrote:
If you never intend to plant any other grass type, I would recommend the
Sahara version of Bermuda grass. Very hardy. But, its very hard to get rid
of. Don't seed anywhere near a garden.

Thanks Dave. I've also heard Zoysia grass works well for my area--
really deep roots, little watering required (in part due to the deep
roots), crowds out most of the weeds, requires little to no
fertilizer, etc. Hopefully grows slowly like centipede (less mowing).
Sounds great to me. Don't want to be a slave to a lawn.

Still wonder about getting turf established in a drought. Fortunately,
sod is out--too expensive and requires too much water anyway.