Old 07-03-2008, 06:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
tbell tbell is offline

Default First Rays

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 06:24:15 -0800, Ray B wrote
(in article jecAj.12049$Td2.4059@trndny08):

There are a lot of good things leaning my way:

It was in the heel of my hand - an unusual location, and NOT on the trunk of
my body.

When the original 5mm wide excision was taken - before knowing the
diagnosis - the margins were clear, suggesting they "got it all"
(Unfortunately, the current protocol is a 4 cm diameter removal, which is
why I'm now laid up).

Blood work looked like nothing was happening. There is an enzyme - LDH -
present in all cells, and if there is tissue damage going on, the level in
the blood is elevated. "Normal" is 318-618 micrograms per liter. Mine was
323.

No indication of issues with PET or CAT scans, nor MRI.

I'm keeping the most positive attitude I can!

Sounds as if you have good reason to feel positive. Let me add my very best
wishes.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200