Old 07-03-2008, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Plants for fence?

On 7/3/08 14:13, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
"Jeff Layman" writes:

| The OP said that the fence gets full frost in winter. I wouldn't chance C.
| armandii in that position. And if it did survive, it would cover the whole
| fence, the ground, the next field, and half the county in a few years. But
| I'm not cutting mine down - it looks fabulous at the moment.

It's reasonably tough, and can be kept under control. I have one in
a space far too small for it, and that's a problem - but 10 yards of
fence should be OK.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Actually, how about good old Holboellia going down as well as up and along?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk