Old 07-03-2008, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Orsemarinus officinalis Irene - UK available?

On 7/3/08 17:29, in article , "Pam
Moore" wrote:

On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 18:10:41 GMT, Eddy
wrote:

Does anybody know if this lovely tumbling Rosemary is available anywhere
in the UK? It's called "Rosemarinus officinalis Irene" or Rosemary
Irene, and it thrives in full sun, it's apparently "supertough" -
withstanding summer dryness, and it's fast growing. A ground-cover
variant that tumbles when it reaches the top of a wall.

http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/g...w&current=Rose
marinusofficinalisIrene-Rosemar.jpg

Thanks,
Eddy.

I saw a rosemary growing like that over walls in St Mawes, Cornwall.
I came home and tried to find out what it was without success. If I
had a wall I'd have continued my search! It was really beautiful,
very like your photo.

Pam in Bristol

That may well have been the so-called 'Salcombe Rosemary' that I posted a
pic of on here some time ago, Pam. Nobody can actually name it but thinks
it must be a sport of some sort. I think Judith's husband is still trying
to get his botanist friends to track that one down. The Salcombe one is
even longer but from the description of 'Irene', I'd say the Salcombe
Rosemary isn't as deep in colour, perhaps.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk