Old 07-03-2008, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Plants for fence?

On 7/3/08 16:44, in article , "Eddy"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
Eddy is in Shropshire. I have little idea of the winters there but they
were bitter at my school in Worcestershire!

About 425m above sea level. An inch of snow two days ago. Lots of
frosts. Ice on narrow hill roads can be a problem (best to keep to
longer flat routes!)

Eddy

Then I think you must check all suggestions you receive for suitability for
your garden. Some years ago I lived in a Devon village where I could get
away with most - not all - tender things, while the other end of the village
could get ice and frost that lasted for days!
The Holboellia would probably not be happy with you.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk