Old 08-03-2008, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default ?m1 Mountfield Rotorvator

In article ,
says...

Hi,

I have a Mountfield M1 rotorvator with a Briggs and Stratton engine,
model 111902. The problem is it runns for 10-15 minutes and the conks
out. It will then not start for about 10 minutes. I have rebuilt the
carburetor and replaced most of it. That has helped slightly as it
only used to run for about 5 minutes before. I have also replaced the
head gasket. The are under the head was rather black but I have
cleaned this off. The inlet valve was a funny pink/coral colour. What
can I do to make it run longer? Why does it keep stopping?

Thanks

Had a similar problem with one of their older generation mowers some time
ago, problem eventually taced to it running too hot which causes the
spark to fade, in the mowers case this was because my garden sloped and
their older mowers being splash lubricated were prone to overheating, but
I guess you could also get overheating from an incorrect fuel air
mixture. I solved the problem by taking the mower to the dump and never
buy mountfield again!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk