Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
J Kolenovsky

Default Hedges/drainage

Hey, Steve, I get grief with the 4 nandinas I have in my native habitat.
You're right. You can please some of the people sometimes but not all of
the people all of the time.

That is so cool about Grow Green Native and Adaptive Plants.

You're right. Research, observe, patience, research, observe, patience,
research, observe, patience...my, it does truly pay off. (anything,
perennials, shrubs, Trees, etc)

Steve Coyle wrote:
=

Howdy folks,
Waiting and patience is an important idea.
As far as French drains are concerned, make sure it is done right. I
got to take a look at one this week that was not done well, it had no
way for the water to outflow and turned into a sump pit that filled up
from all our rains and would lift whatever was planted on top of it
with hydrolic pressure.
=

If your a new home owner a good guide to have is the Grow Green
Native and Adaptive plants guide put out by the city of Austin. ( My
only quibble with it was the Oleander listing, but you can't ever make
all gardeners happy ) Take your time choosing plantings, observe and
learn it pays off in the long run.
=

Steve Coyle
www.austingardencenter.com