Old 09-03-2008, 08:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default vertical gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Mike....." wrote ...
I saw one of these in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, didnt know what it was
at the time but its in the FT today:-

"http://www.verticalgardenpatrickblanc.com"

look in the "walls" section, the Madrid one is impressive, they have a
gutter at the bottom and a water feed at the top, light enough for
normal walls. If my house wasn't terraced......

Yes, I read about them some years ago. Like green roofs it might catch on
in the UK eventually. I'm thinking it might be a good way to grow plants
on the walls of a leanto greenhouse to make more plant space. :-)
Wonder what backing he uses, filter type foam perhaps....

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Wikipedia says: foliage plants thrive on a soiless durable frame of metal,
PVC and non-biodegradable felt.

and I found this :
http://archrecord.construction.com/f...2dignews-1.asp

Jenny