Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
minerva nine

Default wisteria poorly

Is there some sort of posting FAQ for this group? I
have posted only a couple of times, but everything
I've posted gets a non-informative answer like this
one, or there is no response at all. Am I posting the
questions incorrectly Is there another group I should
be posting to?

M9

"Gary Harper"
wrote in message
| Yikes. If you are lucky, it will die. Although it
is pretty, it has a wild
| root system and spreads underground. It'll be
popping out of the ground all
| over the place. If that's what you want, then go
for it.

| "minerva nine" wrote in message
| Hi all -- OK, I searched the group archives on
| wisteria and can't find an answer to my question,
so
| here it is:
|
| I have a purple wisteria that I planted next to a
dead
| tree in my front yard last Spring - I'm planning
| train it up the trunk. It gets full sun all day
| (pruned all the big branches off the tree), and it
did
| spectacularly well last year. It even bloomed in
| April! I pruned it in September and now it seems
very
| unhappy. The new leaves that have come in since
| pruning are light green and now are starting to
turn
| brown. I gave it some ironite, thinking the light
| green leaves were indicating an iron deficiency --
the
| soil in our front yard is nice and organic down to
| about 8-10 inches, when it turns to caliche, but I
| didn't think this was a huge problem for Wisteria.
| I'm wondering if it's just in the process of
losing
| it's leaves for the winter and I'm worrying for
| nothing. Should I mulch it for the winter?
Fertilize?