Old 09-03-2008, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Woodland plants 2, a big pink one to ID

On 9/3/08 11:39, in article , "oaks"
wrote:

Hi thanks for your help so far.

This next one should be quite easy for you. I don't think it is native
and you probably grow these in your gardens.

There are several of these shrubs, well spaced but quite close to a row
of houses, whose gardens back onto the wood.

Can anyone tell me what it is?

http://tinyurl.com/24gcqr

best regards
Colin

Looks like Ribes sanguineum - aka flowering currant, though it's not a
fruit! It seems to vary quite a bit in colour in the wild and is originally
a native of USA.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk