Old 10-03-2008, 02:06 AM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default Shrub ID?

I think that's a Crape Myrtle. There are quite a few different kinds and
colors but from what I can see in the pictures it looks like some sort of
Crape Myrtle. Crape is like 'cape' with an R

Val
"Eric Miller" wrote in message
I have been looking for another plant to attract humminbirds and noticed
the one in the photos at the following link:

http://www.dyesscreek.com/hidden_pages/030908.html

Aside from the photos, here is what I know about the plant:

It is in Zone 9a and has survived temps down to upper teens last winter.
It is deciduous. Two weeks ago when I last saw both plants (they are about
two miles apart), they had no leaves. The photos showing the blooms were
taken in mid-May, two years ago. The height is approximately 10 feet for
the one in the second photo, about eight feet for the one in the first
photo. After the blooms are gone, I have never noticed fruit on the plant.

Eric Miller
www.colibrihotsauce.com