Old 09-03-2008, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson Sally Thompson is offline

Default Plants for fence?

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 14:29:11 +0000, Nick Maclaren wrote
(in article ):

In article ,
Eddy writes:
Sally Thompson wrote:
Yeah - ain't Shropshire wonderful! Ssshhh - you don't want everyone else
find out, do youg

Hee, hee. No, not particularly, Sally! On the other hand, I know for a
fact 99.9% of people couldn't tolerate the isolation we suffer out here!
And what with the price of petrol going endlessly up, those trips to
the nearest supermarket, 30 mins away, have to be very well planned for,
don't they!

Isolation? In Shropshire? Needing 30 minutes trips to be "very well
planned"?

The mind boggles!

You'd be surprised (or perhaps you wouldn't) at the people who think that
it's a hardship if there isn't a corner shop open 24 hours a day. We were
once asked when the bus came, and said, truthfully, "next Friday" g. One
of the great pleasures of living a bit out in the sticks is to see the stars
against a velvety black sky, but some people are really lost without street
lights, shops and public transport.

I don't personally consider it that isolated when we have electricity, phones
and cars - but it's a sort of comfortable isolation. I don't knock it!

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.freerice.com/index.php