Old 10-03-2008, 03:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default Shrub ID?

"Eric Miller" wrote in message
Yep, I have lots of Crape Myrtles growing in my yard. This definitely
isn't one. The blooms are wrong and the shape of the bush isn't right.
Others have suggested pomegranate on another forum, I'll have to look that
up. I guess it wouldn't be an attractant for hummingbirds?

Eric, if you are at all able to get a leaf or some type of sample of that
plant to most nurseries they could tell you what it was. Are there large,
snarling dogs guarding the garden. Maybe the owners of the property could
tell you.

I did find this picture of an ornamental pomegranate.

http://entertainment.webshots.com/ph...27592024VqcmtX

It really does appear to be pretty close to what you have in your photos.
The thing that stumped me was you saying there was no fruit. Apparently some
double blossom ornamental pomegranate do NOT set fruit so this very well
could be what you are looking for.

Val