Old 10-03-2008, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Bell Michael Bell is offline

Default vertical gardening

In message
Mike..... wrote:

I saw one of these in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, didnt know what it was
at the time but its in the FT today:-

"http://www.verticalgardenpatrickblanc.com"

look in the "walls" section, the Madrid one is impressive, they have a
gutter at the bottom and a water feed at the top, light enough for
normal walls. If my house wasn't terraced......

In Tallin, Estonia, they have what I can only call "flower walls".
They are about head height, and covered in flowers, presumably rooted
in pockets in the wall. They look very beautiful in summer, in
winter.. I'm glad I don't know.

Michael Bell