Old 11-03-2008, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

Default Squirrel-proof bird feeders

"Eddy" wrote in message
Sacha wrote:
Do chuck out some sultanas occasionally, though. Quite apart from
anything
else, it's so sweet to see the birds pouncing on them eagerly. Ray tells
me
that's how poachers lure pheasants and certainly, I've seen them go quite
dipsy over a handful of sultanas!

Ah, thanks for this, Sacha! Sultanas, eh? We used to feed them corn
but it didn't help when I came to take aim - during the pheasant season,
of course! Now, if sultanas make them "go quite dipsy", then sultanas
could be the aid I clearly need!

Hee, hee, hee!

Eddy.

If you have dogs, be careful when 'chucking out' sultanas, because grapes,
raisins and sultanas are toxic to dogs (but not to squirrels).