Old 11-03-2008, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Eddy Eddy is offline

Default Plants for fence?

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Eddy writes:

| No, I am not :-( But, to regard the lack of such things (or the need
| for a mere 30 minute trip to - heaven help me - a supermarket) as
| "isolation"! I lived (briefly) at Mansa (then Fort Rosebery) in about
| 1950 - which was a little bit isolated, but not extremely so.
|
| Sorry, Eddy, but we live on different planets! :-)
|
| I think you may be right there, Nick! You're not a TopGear man, are
| you, by any chance? :-) No, calm down, I didn't say "a petrol-head"!

Ye gods, NO! That ******** Clarkson! I am a genuine colonial from
the days of the British Empire, over which the sun never set :-)

Hmmm. THAT'S interesting.

Look up Mansa in an atlas, and remember that there was no airport
and only a strip road to it when I was there. 50 years before I
was there, the area 50 miles to the west was marked Terra Incognita
on the maps ....

Doesn't look very isolated to me, Nick! :-)
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Mans...L_enGB252GB253

:-)

Eddy.