Old 12-03-2008, 05:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Pine cones keep kitty out of flower beds

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:16:01 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

If neighborhood cats or other critters are digging in your flower
beds, try this neat tip from reader Nancy Jones:

"I have tried something I read about to help keep the neighbors' seven
cats out of my side flower garden where the soil is loose and rich

snip

I have tried this because I have bushels of pine cones (and more). It
doesn't stop the cats. I have a seemingly endless supply of rose
canes which do deter cats. Also I have a rue herb patch which cats do
not like.