Old 12-03-2008, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Planting of bulbs

Sacha wrote:
On 9/3/08 07:21, in article , "Pete
C" wrote:

Judith in France wrote:
On Mar 8, 5:18 pm, "Pete C" wrote:
rabc wrote:
After removing the lawn and replacing it with a lining then gravel
would it be ok to plant bulbs below the lining, would the gravel
hinder them coming through, the bulbs in question
are...SPARAXIS,RANUNCULUS,ANEMONES and IXIAS.........cheers

The gravel won't stop them at all. Plant away
--
Pete C
London UK

No, but the lining might Pete!

Judith

Erm.........I assumed bulbs planted through holes in lining, not
wishing to insult the OP's intelligence

Yes but what happens when the bulbs create offsets? You know how e.g.
Daffodils and bluebells spread and naturalise themselves? They might
not be able to all crowd through the original hole!

Good point. However, I have been trying to get rid of bluebells for 2 years
now. Still got them coming up under stone slabs, working sideways till they
find a way out.
--
Pete C
London UK