Old 12-03-2008, 10:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dan L. Dan L. is offline

Default Is cat poo harmful to vegatable/human health?

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article
,
"Dan L." wrote:

Ok, I just ordered the books on Amazon, "Omnivore's Dilemma" and
"Animal, vegetable ..." two books that have been referred often here.
I am going to put away my "Tensor Calculus" and "Vernor Vinge" books
away for summer reading instead of spring.

Enjoy Life ... Dan

Geez, Dan, where did you get "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle"? Barbara
Kingsolver is a good author but she is mostly a cheerleader. If you were
going to get a second book I would have suggested, "Teaming with
Microbes: A Gardener's Guide to the Soil Food Web" by Lowenfels , and
Lewis. Between the two, you are confronted with healthy food and healthy
soil.

I'm sure that "Tensor Calculus" and "Vernor Vinge" are good books but
they are more conceptual that sensual.

I will put that Microbes book in my wish list also.

The second book just makes it over $25 for free shipping. Books are a
curse in my life. Its like drugs in other people. For the last 30 years
of my life I have spent an average of $1,000 per year on books, I have
a nice little library covering many topics. I would rather read a good
book than to travel all over the world. Tensor Calculus is conceptual,
"Rainbows End" by Vernor Vinge in my world is very sensual

I like gardening, it is a comfort. I have a strong interest in the
sciences, math and physics are strong points. Biology and chemistry are
great weakness that needs to be improved. I know, I need to get a life

Enjoy Life ... Dan

--
Email "dan lehr at comcast dot net". Text only or goes to trash automatically.