Old 12-03-2008, 10:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Is cat poo harmful to vegatable/human health?

In article
,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article
,
"Dan L." wrote:

Ok, I just ordered the books on Amazon, "Omnivore's Dilemma" and
"Animal, vegetable ..." two books that have been referred often here.
I am going to put away my "Tensor Calculus" and "Vernor Vinge" books
away for summer reading instead of spring.

Enjoy Life ... Dan

Geez, Dan, where did you get "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle"? Barbara
Kingsolver is a good author but she is mostly a cheerleader. If you were
going to get a second book I would have suggested, "Teaming with
Microbes: A Gardener's Guide to the Soil Food Web" by Lowenfels , and
Lewis. Between the two, you are confronted with healthy food and healthy
soil.

I'm sure that "Tensor Calculus" and "Vernor Vinge" are good books but
they are more conceptual that sensual.

I will put that Microbes book in my wish list also.

The second book just makes it over $25 for free shipping. Books are a
curse in my life. Its like drugs in other people. For the last 30 years
of my life I have spent an average of $1,000 per year on books, I have
a nice little library covering many topics. I would rather read a good
book than to travel all over the world. Tensor Calculus is conceptual,
"Rainbows End" by Vernor Vinge in my world is very sensual

I like gardening, it is a comfort. I have a strong interest in the
sciences, math and physics are strong points. Biology and chemistry are
great weakness that needs to be improved. I know, I need to get a life

Enjoy Life ... Dan

Sometimes the discounts on second hand books is sufficient to more than
cover the shipping. Second hand books can be better than what you check
out at the library. When I can, I'll check the book out from the library
and read it. If I really like it, then I'll buy it. The one I'm reading
now, I wouldn't buy (Emerald City).

Again, "Omnivore" is really good at explaining the whys and "Microbes"
is good at explaining the hows. However, each plant has it's own little
quirks and it takes awhile to get a handle on it, so Google a lot.

Some things work for some people and not for other. Why, I haven't a
clue. But there is nothing like a fresh tomato wrapped in a basil leaf,
or fresh cilantro pesto, or the perfume of a just picked parsnip. We
don't just eat to survive but we eat for pleasure as well.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/