Old 13-03-2008, 12:57 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Submersible Pump 'basket'?

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:42:27 CST, "Reel McKoi"
wrote:

I have two plant baskets wired together like clam shells. A bag? Anything
finer than the plant baskets would clog in no time.

I guess I don't understand your problem. Your pump is clogging even with
the clamshell?

I think many of the answers were not to you, but to the OP who asked for
suggestions to a pump with no protection at the time.

Vinyl screening, imho, if held away from the pump, has about the same size
openings as the mesh baskets I have seen. Really large mesh baskets are
sometimes hard to find. Thus putting the pump in a bucket as Jim has done
or laundry/tote basket and then covered with screening gives adequate
surface area for most large pumps, and keeps tiny fry out. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us