Old 13-03-2008, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Too late for daffodil bulbs?

On 13 Mar, 10:35, Stephen Wolstenholme
wrote:
On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 22:56:14 +0000, wind'n'stone

wrote:

My neighbour knows I'm trying to start up my garden from scratch
(currently huge lawn and sorry beech hedge with the odd tree) he has
just handed me in a few plants and a bag of daffodil bulbs. Some are
done but most are still quite firm.
Question is, will they grow if I plant them out?
Should I plant as normal or do something different.

About ten years ago I planted a few hundred too late to flower. They
flowered the following year and have flowered every year since.
Daffodils are good at adapting.

Steve

--
Neural Planner Software Ltd * * * * *http://npsl1.com
EasyNN-plus. Build Neural Networks. *http://www.easynn.com

I have found over the years that the late planted daffs normaly flower
first year but often dont flower the 2nd year as they didn't build
enough into the bulb, but after that flower as normal.
I found a fer packs of daffs and tulips that the wife had bought and
had forgoten about so planted them into pots yesterday.
David Hill
Abacus NUrseries