Old 13-03-2008, 07:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Decorative bark

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"zzznot" wrote in message
I thought I'd spread some decorative bark on
the ground of the flower beds and between
some bushes, where the adobe soil otherwise
gets cracked and bare. It's supposed to
hold down weeds and retain moisture. So,
is there any downside to using it? Or, is
it just good organic matter anyway?

Thanks.

J.

Try to keep chips away from wooden structures you value. How far you
think? I'd go 2 or 3 feet depending on your clime. Termites and
critters. Not good.
For that matter the idea of foundation planting would benefit from
space from the dwelling and those little plants can get big. Adobe soil
means clay with little microbe life i guess.

Where do you live about?

Bill

Rochester, Nueva York

Sic the dogs on 'em.
--

Billy

Dogs on this property are called "targets".