Old 14-03-2008, 01:44 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Garden Project

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:40:39 +0000, luckytiff02
wrote:

I don't this is the right thread but I have some few questions about
gardening. I'm planning to make a little forest on our backyard garden.
First, I'm thinking to put a double swing. What is most advisable, wood
or concrete? Is wood safe enough especially to children 2-3 years old?
Also got this similar 'garden statue' (http://tinyurl.com/22wu7e) (like
this) in our backyard, but I don't like it because its not made of wood.
My main concept was to build garden with all wooden furniture. Is it
safe or inexpensive to make such a all-wood garden furniture? Any
details will much appreciated. Thanks

White oak, cedar, redwood, teak and cypress are fine choices for
outdoor wood. PT lumber may not be safe. Concrete lasts forever,
wood about 20+ years. Good luck with your garden and children. Would
like to see some of your pictures in
alt.binaries.pictures.garden