Old 14-03-2008, 09:03 AM
adavisus adavisus is offline
Registered User

Location: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
This all works just fine except for the stones keep getting green slime. I have just emptied the whole thing and am cleaning the stones before geting this all setup again. Any suggestions as to how I can keep the green slime away? My thoughts so far:
Perhaps when the weather forecast is for hot, dry and low humidity, switch the waterfall off, let the area dry out for a day or two, long enough for the algae to dry out and die.

If you are a dab hand with calculating a safe ppm dose of copper sulphate and mist spray to damp the area of the drying algae only, leave it to soak in for a couple of days, that would really decimate the algae coating. Copper sulphate turns to inert copper carbonate after a couple of days.

The dried out cotton like debris would probably blast away easy with a harsh mist spray

Regards, andy
http://www.members.aol.com/abdavisnc/swglist.html
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l42/adavisus/