Old 15-03-2008, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
len gardener len gardener is offline

Default What to add to make the ideal soil for vegetables?

g'day chris,

go with the compost and maybe some of the manure type fertilisers?

we do raised beds and start with mushroom compost which we then mulch
using the green spoilt hay type mulches, and tuck all our rottable
scraps under the mulch daily, this seems to keep our growing medium
fed and good healthy plants.

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 11:49:24 +0000, Chris ] wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--