Old 16-03-2008, 03:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default mantis Tillers

Donald Maclean wrote:
Hi,
Anyone out there use a mantis tiller---are they as good as they are
cracked up to be. I am using an Ariens rear tine tiller very effective but
also heavy and cumbersome. Specials are on now so I am considering
purchasing one.

They are good for exactly one season (coincides nicely with the length
of the warranty.) After being stored over that first winter, they will
never run right again no matter how well you winterized it. (I have
lots of 2-cycle engines, the Mantis is the only one I ever had trouble
with.) I finally threw it away and bought a little Honda tiller.

The Honda is easier to use, too. It's just slightly heavier than the
Mantis, and that extra weight makes all the difference.

Hope this helps,
Bob