Old 16-03-2008, 12:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Tomatoes: was Amaryllis roots showing on top

Bill R wrote in
:

Thank you Jackie. I try to plant at least a few new things
every year.
I also like to plant LOTS of tomatoes. This year I plan
to have at
least 15 varieties (likely over 6 dozen plants, mainly the
"salad" type smaller varieties).

what varieties are you planting & how many of each?
i planted 47 varieties/4 of each last year. i'll be planting
repeats of a few of those & several new (to me) varieties this
year. fortunately (or unfortunately, if you look at it from my
SOs view) i have *2* veggie gardens this year, the main garden
in NH & a nice big garden in NY...

and on an unrelated note, i've been told that i can now get a
permit to grow ribes here in NH. i'm so excited, because
that's a market no one else has around here... blueberries,
strawberries, raspberries, blackberries.... yeah, but *i* will
have currents & gooseberries!

lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair